This course is designed for experienced business people who would like to improve their all-round level of English but also include a significant element of business English.
In the mornings, following a level test, you follow a course of General English in mixed nationality classes with other students at your level. in the afternoon, you follow a Business English course in small groups with other business people. Each business course is tailored to the particular working contexts of the course participants.
Typical business skills you may focus on:
- conducting and contributing to meetings and interviews
- giving presentations
- developing specialised business vocabulary
- discussing key business concepts
- developing cross-cultural awareness
- communicating effectively on the telephone
- corresponding effectively in business (emails, letters and faxes)
- writing reports
We can provide specialised training in areas such as:
- engineering/technical subjects
- marketing and sales
- secretarial English
- military English
- banking and finance
- travel and tourism
For more detailed information see the Course Overview + Sample Timetable.
Note: The minimum number required for the Combined General and Executive course is two students. In the event that we receive fewer than two students, please be assured that we will not cancel your booking. Instead, we will give you the alternative course of General English + One-to-One. This consists of 30 lessons per week, made up of 20 General English lessons in a class of maximum 12 students and 10 One-to-One lessons of specialised tuition.
Course SummaryCurrencyCourse YearCourse CodeCourse NameCombined General + Executive EnglishSchool LocationCourse DatesStart Any MondayMaximum Class Size12Minimum Age21Lessons Per Week40Hours Per Week30.00LevelFrom CEFR A2 to CEFR C1+Price£690 per weekCourse SummaryCurrencyCourse YearCourse CodeCourse NameCombined General + Executive EnglishSchool LocationCourse DatesStart Any MondayMaximum Class Size12Minimum Age21Lessons Per Week40Hours Per Week30.00LevelFrom CEFR A2 to CEFR C1+Price£655 per week
ELC Level Guide
The following table shows the levels we use at ELC.
ELC Level Level Aims C2 Upper-advanced - use English very well in demanding situations
- performance level may be above average native speaker
C1 Advanced - use English well in all but the most demanding situations
- use and understand complex language
B2 Upper-intermediate - use English effectively in all familiar situations
- use more complex English and cope with more demanding situations
B1 Intermediate - use English to express simple ideas and achieve results
- use range of basic language well in most situations
A2 Pre-intermediate - use English in most familiar situations
- use English in a limited way in more difficult situations
A1/A2 Elementary - develop English skills to 'survival' level
- use English only in very familiar situations
A1 Beginner - learn basic vocabulary and structures for simple communication