Focus specifically on your personal language needs
There are many reasons why you may choose one-to-one tuition at ELC Brighton. Whatever your needs, the trainer will design the course according to your specific needs based on a detailed needs analysis.
You may want 1:1 lessons to help you:
- prepare for an important presentation, negotiation or meeting
- focus on a particular area of vocabulary important for your job
- prepare for an important exam
- develop your confidence in communicating in English
- choose 20, 25, 30, 35 or 40 lessons per week (15, 18.75, 22.5, 26.25 and 30 hours)
- start any Monday
- lessons tailored to your aims and based on a pre-course needs analysis
Additional Private Lessons
If you are studying on a full-time course at ELC such as General English, Executive Mini-Group or an intensive exam preparation course, you can choose to add a few private lessons in addition to the full-time course in order to focus specifically on your needs. For example, you could choose to take 1 to 5 additional private lessons, either in total or every week.
Two-to-One or Three-to-One courses
Two-to-One or Three-to-One courses can be specially arranged for any colleagues who wish to study together. Contact us for more details and prices.
Course SummaryCurrencyCourse CodeCourse NameOne-to-One - 20 Lessons/weekSchool LocationCourse DatesStart Any MondayMaximum Class Size1Minimum Age16Lessons Per Week20Hours Per Week15.00LevelFrom CEFR A1 to CEFR C1+Price£1,200 per weekCourse SummaryCurrencyCourse CodeCourse NameOne-to-One - 25 Lessons/weekSchool LocationCourse DatesStart Any MondayMaximum Class Size1Minimum Age16Lessons Per Week25Hours Per Week18.75LevelFrom CEFR A1 to CEFR C1+Price£1,500 per weekCourse SummaryCurrencyCourse CodeCourse NameOne-to-One - 30 Lessons/weekSchool LocationCourse DatesStart Any MondayMaximum Class Size1Minimum Age16Lessons Per Week30Hours Per Week22.50LevelFrom CEFR A1 to CEFR C1+Price£1,800 per weekCourse SummaryCurrencyCourse CodeCourse NameOne-to-One - 35 Lessons/weekSchool LocationCourse DatesStart Any MondayMaximum Class Size1Minimum Age16Lessons Per Week35Hours Per Week26.25LevelFrom CEFR A1 to CEFR C1+Price£2,100 per weekCourse SummaryCurrencyCourse CodeCourse NameOne-to-One - 40 Lessons/weekSchool LocationCourse DatesStart Any MondayMaximum Class Size1Minimum Age16Lessons Per Week40Hours Per Week30.00LevelFrom CEFR A1 to CEFR C1+Price£2,400 per week
ELC Level Guide
The following table shows the levels we use at ELC.
ELC Level Level Aims C2 Upper-advanced - use English very well in demanding situations
- performance level may be above average native speaker
C1 Advanced - use English well in all but the most demanding situations
- use and understand complex language
B2 Upper-intermediate - use English effectively in all familiar situations
- use more complex English and cope with more demanding situations
B1 Intermediate - use English to express simple ideas and achieve results
- use range of basic language well in most situations
A2 Pre-intermediate - use English in most familiar situations
- use English in a limited way in more difficult situations
A1/A2 Elementary - develop English skills to 'survival' level
- use English only in very familiar situations
A1 Beginner - learn basic vocabulary and structures for simple communication