Courses for Teachers of English
The English in the Primary Classroom course at ELC Brighton is eligible for European Union funding through Erasmus+. See here for details of how to apply for EU funding. ELC Brighton is also registered for participation in Erasmus+ and our PIC code is 943968790 and OID number is E10150503.
The EPC course is designed to help primary specialists teach English in the primary classroom. Although the main focus is on language teaching methodology, you will have plenty of opportunity to improve your fluency and knowledge of English. The course concentrates on the teaching of grade 3 students and above (ages 8+)
The aim of the course is to enable you to:
- develop your understanding and knowledge of the English language
- gain confidence and fluency for speaking English in the primary classroom
- select, devise and adapt materials for the primary classroom
- experience different aspects of life and culture in the United Kingdom
- select and adapt English songs, games and stories appropriate to the primary classroom
For more detailed information see the Course Overview and Sample Timetable.
Note: The minimum number required for the English in the Primary Classroom is four students. In the event that we receive fewer than four students, please be assured that we will not cancel your booking. Instead, we will give you 20 lessons per week of General English in the morning with 10 lessons in the afternoon focussing on language teaching methodology either in a One-to-One, Two-to-One or Three-to-One class, as appropriate.
Course SummaryCurrencyCourse CodeCourse NameEnglish in the Primary ClassroomSchool LocationCourse DatesMaximum Class Size12Minimum Age21Course Duration2 weekLessons Per Week30Hours Per Week22.50LevelFrom CEFR A2 to CEFR B2Price£380 per weekCourse SummaryCurrencyCourse CodeCourse NameEnglish in the Primary ClassroomSchool LocationCourse DatesMaximum Class Size12Minimum Age21Course Duration2 weekLessons Per Week30Hours Per Week22.50LevelFrom CEFR A2 to CEFR B2Price£380 per week
ELC Level Guide
The following table shows the levels we use at ELC.
ELC Level Level Aims C2 Upper-advanced - use English very well in demanding situations
- performance level may be above average native speaker
C1 Advanced - use English well in all but the most demanding situations
- use and understand complex language
B2 Upper-intermediate - use English effectively in all familiar situations
- use more complex English and cope with more demanding situations
B1 Intermediate - use English to express simple ideas and achieve results
- use range of basic language well in most situations
A2 Pre-intermediate - use English in most familiar situations
- use English in a limited way in more difficult situations
A1/A2 Elementary - develop English skills to 'survival' level
- use English only in very familiar situations
A1 Beginner - learn basic vocabulary and structures for simple communication