The CLIL course at ELC Brighton is eligible for European Union funding through Erasmus+. See here for details of how to apply for EU funding. ELC Brighton is also registered for participation in Erasmus+ and our PIC code is 943968790.
The CLIL course is designed for all teachers involved in the teaching and learning of English through the use of the target language to teach other subjects across the curriculum/bilingual education. It combines praactical methodology with opportunities to develop your fluency and understanding of the English language.
The aims of this very practical course are to look at:
- key principles of CLIL
- syllabus/course design
- materials development and evaluation
- testing and assessment
- language development for both teachers and students
- new ideas and practical activities for skills development
For more detailed information see the Course Overview and Sample Timetable.
Note: The minimum number required for the CLIL course is three students. In the event that we receive fewer than three students, please be assured that we will not cancel your booking. Instead, we will give you 20 lessons per week of General English in the morning with 10 lessons in the afternoon focussing on language teaching methodology either in a One-to-One or Two-to-One class, as appropriate.
The following table shows the levels we use at ELC.
ELC Level Level Aims C2 Upper-advanced - use English very well in demanding situations
- performance level may be above average native speaker
C1 Advanced - use English well in all but the most demanding situations
- use and understand complex language
B2 Upper-intermediate - use English effectively in all familiar situations
- use more complex English and cope with more demanding situations
B1 Intermediate - use English to express simple ideas and achieve results
- use range of basic language well in most situations
A2 Pre-intermediate - use English in most familiar situations
- use English in a limited way in more difficult situations
A1/A2 Elementary - develop English skills to 'survival' level
- use English only in very familiar situations
A1 Beginner - learn basic vocabulary and structures for simple communication