The Study Year Programme is designed to provide a comprehensive language programme which will help you prepare for your future and achieve internationally recognised exam qualifications.
This programme allows you to study on a wide variety of ELC courses, including General English, IELTS, Cambridge ESOL exams and Introduction to Business English. Your own personal adviser will meet you regularly to plan your personal programme and give ongoing study advice and support.
The Study Year Programme is ideal for highly motivated people who need to:
- develop overall confidence and fluency in English
- communicate effectively in English
- prepare for further academic studies
- use English in their career
- gain internationally recognised qualifications
- develop English for social, academic and work environments
The Study Year programme can also be combined with our Work Experience Programme (internship).
- minimum 24 weeks, start any Monday
- minimum age 16
- a choice from a wide variety of courses and options
- the cost of either one IELTS SELT or two other exams (eg FCE/CAE/CPE, 'standard' IELTS, LCCI) on ELC exam preparation courses included
- all course books/materials included + e-learning from point of booking to 3 months after course ends
- personal study plan agreed with your personal adviser
- regular monitoring of progress
- use of the Study Centre after lessons
- preparation for exams such as Cambridge ESOL, IELTS, TOEIC and TOEFL
- report and certificate at the end of the programme
Course Summary Display Currency: Course code Course name Study Year Programme - 25 Lessons/week School Dates Start Any Monday Available (Add to basket to choose date options) Maximum Class Size 12 Minimum Age 16 Lessons Per Week 25 Hours Per Week 18.75 From Level CEFR A1 To Level CEFR C1+ Price (1-4 weeks) £0.00 per week Price (24-33 weeks) £219.00 per week Price (34-52 weeks) £204.00 per week Course Summary Display Currency: Course code Course name Study Year Programme - 30 lessons/week School Dates Start Any Monday Available (Add to basket to choose date options) Maximum Class Size 12 Minimum Age 16 Lessons Per Week 30 Hours Per Week 22.50 From Level CEFR A1 To Level CEFR C1+ Price (1-4 weeks) £0.00 per week Price (24-33 weeks) £255.00 per week Price (34-52 weeks) £239.00 per week
The following table shows the levels we use at ELC.
ELC Level Level Aims C2 Upper-advanced - use English very well in demanding situations
- performance level may be above average native speaker
C1 Advanced - use English well in all but the most demanding situations
- use and understand complex language
B2 Upper-intermediate - use English effectively in all familiar situations
- use more complex English and cope with more demanding situations
B1 Intermediate - use English to express simple ideas and achieve results
- use range of basic language well in most situations
A2 Pre-intermediate - use English in most familiar situations
- use English in a limited way in more difficult situations
A1/A2 Elementary - develop English skills to 'survival' level
- use English only in very familiar situations
A1 Beginner - learn basic vocabulary and structures for simple communication
Here is an approximate guide of exams at each level.
ELC Level Cambridge IELTS TOEIC GESE Cambridge BULATS C2 Upper advanced CPE 8 - 9 12 90 - 100 C1 Advanced CAE 7 - 8 945 10 - 11 BEC Higher 75 - 89 B2 Upper-intermediate FCE 5 - 6.5 785 7 - 9 BEC Vantage 60 - 74 B1 Intermediate PET 4 - 5 550 5 - 6 BEC Preliminary 40 - 59 A2 Pre-intermediate KET 3225 3 - 4 20 - 39 A1/A2 Elementary 120 1 - 2 0 - 19 A1 Beginner