Which is the best language school in Brighton? Well, every language school says they are No 1 and it depends on your budget and what you are looking for. Perhaps the fairest thing to do is look at what independent inspection organisations say.
In June 2015 the British Council inspected ELC Brighton and awarded it 12 out of a possible 15 areas of strength in the British Council inspection report - the top score for any language school in Brighton and placing it in the top 4% of schools in the UK.
In May 2016, ELC Brighton together with its sister school ELC Eastbourne was inspected by ISI (Independent School's Inspectorate) who gave it top marks - 'excellent' - in every category. In fact the word 'excellent' appears 41 times in the ISI inspection report. ISI inspection is necessary for schools wishing to enrol students under Tier 4. Some selected comments are below.
"The quality of the curriculum, teaching and learners’ achievements is excellent..."
- Teaching is of a very high calibre which enables students’ enjoyment in learning and rapid progress.
- Teachers are highly skilled and qualified and have excellent subject knowledge.
- The curriculum includes a wide range of carefully planned courses which meet the needs of students extremely well.
- Students make excellent progress in developing their knowledge, skills and understanding for external examinations, on business courses and in general English courses.
"Students’ welfare, including health and safety is excellent".
- Relationships between staff and students and students themselves are excellent. This is a real strength of the school.
- Students report that they feel safe in the school.
- A full and varied social programme is well attended and enhances students overall learning experience.
- The quality of homestay accommodation is excellent…
- Homestay accommodation is carefully monitored so that students are well looked after and safe.
- In discussion, students report that they are highly satisfied with their accommodation and host families.
"The effectiveness of governance, leadership and management is excellent".
- The leadership of the school is excellent.
- The school is highly effective in securing and retaining high quality staff.
- There is a strong focus on maintaining high standards.
So if you are looking to study English at the best language school in Brighton, according to independent inspection bodies, that is The English Language Centre, ELC Brighton!