EU Erasmus+ Funding for Teachers of English
All the teachers' courses at ELC are eligible for EU Erasmus+ funding under the Erasmus+ Programme (Key Action 1 - Mobility of Individuals). In previous years, ELC has trained around 300 overseas teachers a year, many of whom received funding from the EU through the Lifelong Learning Programme. In the past teachers applied individually for financial support under Grundtvig or Comenius. The system has now changed and under Erasmus+, schools or organisations must apply for funding on behalf of their staff.
Teachers from the following countries are eligible for EU Erasmus+ funding:
Any EU country, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey and former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
You need to be:
- working for a school, college or educational institution (or private school in some countries)
How to apply for EU Erasmus+ funding?
- Your school or organisation must be registered on the European Commission's Education Portal
- When your school/organisation has registered, it will be given a PIC number (Personal Identification Number) which they need to apply for funding
- Choose the teachers' course you would like to attend.
- Complete and return the ELC Application Form noting that you wish to apply for EU funding. We will send you a pre-course reservation letter.
- When your school has a PIC number, they need to submit an Erasmus + application form which are available from your National Agency.
- When you have had a funding decision, your school needs to contact us immediately to let us know if you will attend the course or not.
- We will normally require a £250 deposit or full fees to confirm your place on the course
Deadlines for application for EU funding
The next deadline for applying for EU Erasmus+ funding is:
For more information contact us.