ELC Eastbourne (formerly Eastbourne School of English) has a long history of providing specialised courses for overseas teachers of English. ELC Eastbourne is also a test centre for Cambridge TKT.
In the last few years we have arranged tailored courses for teachers at primary, secondary and tertiary level from Russia, Czech Republic, Spain, Italy and Norway.
The following table shows the levels we use at ELC.
ELC Level Level Aims C2 Upper-advanced - use English very well in demanding situations
- performance level may be above average native speaker
C1 Advanced - use English well in all but the most demanding situations
- use and understand complex language
B2 Upper-intermediate - use English effectively in all familiar situations
- use more complex English and cope with more demanding situations
B1 Intermediate - use English to express simple ideas and achieve results
- use range of basic language well in most situations
A2 Pre-intermediate - use English in most familiar situations
- use English in a limited way in more difficult situations
A1/A2 Elementary - develop English skills to 'survival' level
- use English only in very familiar situations
A1 Beginner - learn basic vocabulary and structures for simple communication