ELC Brighton offers the Junior Summer Vacation course for young learners aged 13 - 15 when at least one of the parents (or an older brother or sister) is already studying on one of our adult courses. The course provides lessons in the morning and a full programme of afternoon activities and supervision will be offered Monday to Friday. The course takes place at our summer centre in Brighton, Loxdale.
Please note that lessons and activities on the Summer Junior Vacation Course are delivered by our partner, Loxdale English Centre.
The following table shows the levels we use at ELC.
ELC Level Level Aims C2 Upper-advanced - use English very well in demanding situations
- performance level may be above average native speaker
C1 Advanced - use English well in all but the most demanding situations
- use and understand complex language
B2 Upper-intermediate - use English effectively in all familiar situations
- use more complex English and cope with more demanding situations
B1 Intermediate - use English to express simple ideas and achieve results
- use range of basic language well in most situations
A2 Pre-intermediate - use English in most familiar situations
- use English in a limited way in more difficult situations
A1/A2 Elementary - develop English skills to 'survival' level
- use English only in very familiar situations
A1 Beginner - learn basic vocabulary and structures for simple communication