Blogs, news sites and video resources – Your English reading skills, vocabulary and grammar can be improved greatly by just keeping up with the latest news in English. You can also learn more about English culture!
- ELC Blog – This is a great place to keep up with news from the school and you can also find many interesting posts related to studying English and England in general!
- BBC news – Keeping up to date with the news is a very good habit, so why not push yourself and read the news in English, if you write down all the words you do not understand from different articles and look them up you will soon find you have learnt a lot of new vocab!
- YouTube and Catch up services – On YouTube you can find many videos on improving all aspects of your English, other useful resources include catch up services that allow you to watch English TV programmes anytime, this is a great to relax and improve your listening skills simultaneously.
Online learning resources – There is a plethora of online resources available to students which can help in learning English online including online tests, exercises and helpful videos.
- E-learning – With our Guided E-learning platform you can set a personalised learning plan and access materials to study all the different exam sections you may need to do. You can also do assignments that have been set by your teachers, all from the comfort of your home!
- British Council and BBC Online – Both of this websites have a variety of resources designed to supplement English learning through the medium of games, quizzes, reading, writing and listening practice.
Online Translation – Although online translations are not 100% accurate or trustworthy they can still be very useful. They can help to look up new words and widen ones vocabulary or to help when stuck with certain words.
- Word Reference and google translator – although it is not wise to over use these services they can be very useful when you are stuck with a certain word and can really help you to improve your knowledge!