Living in homestay accommodation provides you with the opportunity to experience English life and to practise using your English in everyday situations. All our homestays are carefully selected by our Accommodation Department who understand the needs of students from other countries.
Most students typically stay in single rooms with breakfast and dinner every day. Other meal plans may be available on request. Typically arrival day with the host is Sunday before the course starts and departure day is the Saturday or Sunday after the course ends. You live as a member of the household, eating meals together and sharing common living areas. The host will clean your room and provide you with towels and bedding. one load of laundry per week is included in the cost.
- carefully selected homestay accommodation
- friendly, safe environment
- free WiFi
- normal arrival day Sunday, departure day Saturday or Sunday
- bedrooms with study facilities
- only one person of the same nationality per home unless you ask to stay in the same home as a friend
- within 30 minutes of school (on foot or by bus)*, average 20 minutes
- 'executive' host families with own use of bathroom available on request
- shared rooms available on request for two people travelling together
- single room (standard), half-board - £150 per week in 2020
- single room (executive) - £220 per week in 2020; twin room (standard) - £127 per week in 2020
Homestay provides a friendly, safe and homely environment. Unaccompanied students aged under 18 must choose homestay accommodation (single room, half-board).
*Most homestays in Brighton are a bus journey away from school. Suggested journey times between the homestay and school are based on google maps information and may vary depending on the time of day. You can buy a weekly bus pass from reception at ELC. For the year from January 2020, it costs GBP21.75. See here for information about discounted prices for 'key' or 'app' available directly from Brighton buses.
Students aged 16 and 17 booked on adult courses
Unaccompanied students aged under 18 must normally choose homestay accommodation (half-board).