Study English live online with ELC
ELC has designed a range of intensive online courses so that you can focus on achieving your language goals from the comfort of your own home!
The current courses offered are all intensive 4-week exam preparation courses - you study Monday - Friday. The course dates have been chosen for the summer to coincide with school holidays. The teachers of the live online lessons at ELC are all regular year-round teachers from one of our schools in Brighton, Chester or Eastbourne. They are experienced in teaching exam preparation courses. Some of them are also examiners.
The live online lessons use zoom technology which enable you to interact face-to-face with your teacher and classmates like in a physical classroom.
The live online exam preparation courses provide complete and careful preparation for all aspects of your chosen examination and include:
- dedicated full-day classes preparing for the exam
- guidance and practice in all papers of the exam (reading, writing, use of English, listening and speaking)
- exam strategies and techniques to help you achieve your best possible result
- regular tutorials with your teacher to give individual help and study advice
- 20 lessons per week face-to-face online lessons using Zoom technology
- 5 lessons per week guided study
- lesson times between 9.00 and 14.30, UK time
- up to 2 hours homework per day
- full-time exam course, Monday to Friday for 4 weeks
- multi-national group classes with maximum 12 students
- all course materials included
- e-learning included from point of booking to 3 months after course ends for extra self-study
- exam fees not included
- end-of-course certificate
How does it work?
Before the classes start, we will send an email with a link to invite you to each class. You just need to click on the link to join the class.
What will you need?
- a computer, tablet or smartphone with a good broadband connection (10 mbs or more).
- headphone, microphone and webcam
How to book your online course?
Click on the 'Book Course' button at the top of this page, then follow the instructions to complete your booking and pay.
ELC Level Guide
The following table shows the levels we use at ELC.
ELC Level Level Aims C2 Upper-advanced - use English very well in demanding situations
- performance level may be above average native speaker
C1 Advanced - use English well in all but the most demanding situations
- use and understand complex language
B2 Upper-intermediate - use English effectively in all familiar situations
- use more complex English and cope with more demanding situations
B1 Intermediate - use English to express simple ideas and achieve results
- use range of basic language well in most situations
A2 Pre-intermediate - use English in most familiar situations
- use English in a limited way in more difficult situations
A1/A2 Elementary - develop English skills to 'survival' level
- use English only in very familiar situations
A1 Beginner - learn basic vocabulary and structures for simple communication
ELC Exam Guide
Here is an approximate guide of exams at each level.
ELC Level Cambridge IELTS TOEIC GESE Cambridge BULATS C2 Upper advanced CPE 8 - 9 12 90 - 100 C1 Advanced CAE 7 - 8 945 10 - 11 BEC Higher 75 - 89 B2 Upper-intermediate FCE 5 - 6.5 785 7 - 9 BEC Vantage 60 - 74 B1 Intermediate PET 4 - 5 550 5 - 6 BEC Preliminary 40 - 59 A2 Pre-intermediate KET 3225 3 - 4 20 - 39 A1/A2 Elementary 120 1 - 2 0 - 19 A1 Beginner