Travel the world by teaching English! Whether you’re a new teacher looking for your first teaching job overseas or in the UK, or you want to prove to employers that you have the necessary teaching skills with a recognised certificate, the CELTA is your passport to success. The CELTA is also the main initial English language qualification looked for by employers in British Council accredited schools in the UK. The CELTA course at ELC Eastbourne will give you the skills and confidence to begin teaching English and an internationally recognised English qualification.
ELC Eastbourne's CELTA course is a very practical introduction to teaching English as a foreign language and is suitable for participants with little or no teaching experience. Once you have successfully completed the course, you will be able to apply for jobs in the UK or overseas. We provide guidance on where and how to apply for a job.
ELC is a not-for-for profit educational charity which has been running courses for teachers of English for many decades, since 1936 in Eastbourne and 1962 in Brighton.
- 4-week intensive course
- Minimum 120 contact hours between participants and course tutors
- 6 hours’ assessed teaching practice per candidate supervised by a course tutor
- supervised lesson planning
- feedback on teaching practice
- tutorial support and consultation
- peer observation of teaching practice (i.e. watching the other candidates’ lessons)
- 6 hours observation of lessons taught by experienced ELT professionals
- You should be at least 18 years old but ideally aged 20 or over.
- You should normally have a minimum standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into higher education eg 2 A Levels or equivalent.
- If English is not your first language, we would require C1+ level – normally Cambridge CPE or IELTS 8.5.
- Complete the CELTA application form and pre-interview task.
- We will invite you for interview (face-to-face, skype or online).
- If you are successful at the interview, we will offer you a place on the course.
For more information or to send us the completed application form and task, contact our Head of Teacher Training Ed Russell - email@example.com.
Course Dates & Fees 2020