The English Language Centre, Eastbourne (formerly Eastbourne School of English) was founded in 1936 and throughout its many years of history it has provided training for language teachers from all over the world. From methodology refresher courses to certified teacher training courses such as Cambridge CELTA, DELTA and TKT, thousands of teachers have successfully passed through its doors.
Currently, ELC Eastbourne offers the following courses for teachers:
- Cambridge CELTA
- tailormade methodology/refresher courses for groups of overseas teachers
ELC Eastbourne is also an authorised TKT test centre.
Our partner school in Brighton offers 2-week methodology courses that are eligible for Erasmus+ funding.
ELC Level Guide
The following table shows the levels we use at ELC.
ELC Level Level Aims C2 Upper-advanced - use English very well in demanding situations
- performance level may be above average native speaker
C1 Advanced - use English well in all but the most demanding situations
- use and understand complex language
B2 Upper-intermediate - use English effectively in all familiar situations
- use more complex English and cope with more demanding situations
B1 Intermediate - use English to express simple ideas and achieve results
- use range of basic language well in most situations
A2 Pre-intermediate - use English in most familiar situations
- use English in a limited way in more difficult situations
A1/A2 Elementary - develop English skills to 'survival' level
- use English only in very familiar situations
A1 Beginner - learn basic vocabulary and structures for simple communication