Long-term study for maximum progress
The Study Year Programme offer a comprehensive and flexible English language programme to help you prepare for your future and gain internationally recognised exam qualifications. It is designed specifically for long-term students who will study English in England for 6 months or more.
In addition you will have your own personal adviser (a teacher) who will meet you regularly to help you plan your personal programme and provide you with ongoing support and study advice.
The Study Year Programme is ideal for highly motivated people who need to:
- develop overall confidence and fluency in English
- communicate effectively in English
- prepare for further academic studies
- use English in their career
- gain internationally recognised qualifications
- develop English for social, academic and work environments
Our minimum age for individuals is 16, but we occasionally accept 15 year olds on the General English course in international classes provided they are part of a group with a group leader.
- classes from Beginner (A1)* to Advanced (C1)
- minimum 24 weeks, start any Monday
- a choice from a wide variety of courses and options
- 1 free exam included from IELTS, FCE, CAE, LCCI and Language Cert
- 1 free airport transfer on arrival (Gatwick or Heathrow)
- all course books/materials included + e-learning from point of booking to 3 months after course ends
- personal study plan agreed with your personal adviser
- regular monitoring of progress
- use of the Study Centre after lessons
- report and certificate at the end of the programme
Course SummaryCurrencyCourse CodeCourse NameStudy Year Programme - 25 Lessons/weekSchool LocationCourse DatesStart Any MondayMaximum Class Size12Minimum Age16Lessons Per Week25Hours Per Week18.75LevelFrom CEFR A1 to CEFR C1+PriceCourse SummaryCurrencyCourse CodeCourse NameStudy Year Programme - 30 lessons/weekSchool LocationCourse DatesStart Any MondayMaximum Class Size12Minimum Age16Lessons Per Week30Hours Per Week22.50LevelFrom CEFR A1 to CEFR C1+Price
ELC Level Guide
The following table shows the levels we use at ELC.
ELC Level Level Aims C2 Upper-advanced - use English very well in demanding situations
- performance level may be above average native speaker
C1 Advanced - use English well in all but the most demanding situations
- use and understand complex language
B2 Upper-intermediate - use English effectively in all familiar situations
- use more complex English and cope with more demanding situations
B1 Intermediate - use English to express simple ideas and achieve results
- use range of basic language well in most situations
A2 Pre-intermediate - use English in most familiar situations
- use English in a limited way in more difficult situations
A1/A2 Elementary - develop English skills to 'survival' level
- use English only in very familiar situations
A1 Beginner - learn basic vocabulary and structures for simple communication
ELC Exam Guide
Here is an approximate guide of exams at each level.
ELC Level Cambridge IELTS TOEIC GESE Cambridge BULATS C2 Upper advanced CPE 8 - 9 12 90 - 100 C1 Advanced CAE 7 - 8 945 10 - 11 BEC Higher 75 - 89 B2 Upper-intermediate FCE 5 - 6.5 785 7 - 9 BEC Vantage 60 - 74 B1 Intermediate PET 4 - 5 550 5 - 6 BEC Preliminary 40 - 59 A2 Pre-intermediate KET 3225 3 - 4 20 - 39 A1/A2 Elementary 120 1 - 2 0 - 19 A1 Beginner