Professional Development for English Language Teachers
Enhance your career with one of ELC Brighton's courses for teachers of English.
ELC Brighton (PIC 943968790, OID E10150503), a not-for-profit educational charity, has more than 50 years of experience in training and developing teachers of English. Every year we welcome over 200 overseas teachers and have developed a broad range of practical courses. All our teacher language and development courses are held at the school in Brighton.
In addition to our main teachers courses, we offer other opportunities for you to refresh and develop your English language and teaching skills:
TR1 - Intensive General English - Course Description 2022
TR2 - Language & EFL Methodology - Course Description 2022
TR3 - Language & UK Culture - Course Description 2022
TR4 - Language & CLIL - Course Description 2022
TR5 - Language & Classroom Technology - Course Description 2022
TR6 - Language & English for the Primary Classroom - Course Description 2022
TR7 - Language & English for Business - Course Description 2022
Erasmus+ Specialist support
Over nearly 20 years we have developed a complete service where we provide detailed support for the sending school. This saves the sending school a lot of work.
- all TR courses are priced in Euros
- detailed Course descriptions that fulfil rigorous Erasmus+ requirements
- full support for Erasmus+ documentation (Mobilty Agreement, Quality Commitment, Europass Mobility)
ELC Level Guide
The following table shows the levels we use at ELC.
ELC Level Level Aims C2 Upper-advanced - use English very well in demanding situations
- performance level may be above average native speaker
C1 Advanced - use English well in all but the most demanding situations
- use and understand complex language
B2 Upper-intermediate - use English effectively in all familiar situations
- use more complex English and cope with more demanding situations
B1 Intermediate - use English to express simple ideas and achieve results
- use range of basic language well in most situations
A2 Pre-intermediate - use English in most familiar situations
- use English in a limited way in more difficult situations
A1/A2 Elementary - develop English skills to 'survival' level
- use English only in very familiar situations
A1 Beginner - learn basic vocabulary and structures for simple communication