Eastbourne School of English is celebrating its 80th year this year. One of the reasons ESOE has been able to reach such an important milestone is that throughout its history it has continually focused on delivering high quality courses and excellent teaching.
Following on from its very successful British Council inspection in June 2015 in which the school achieved 8 overall areas of strength (compared with a UK schools average of 3.6), in May 2016 Eastbourne School of English together with its sister school ELC Brighton was inspected by ISI (Independent School's Inspectorate) who gave it their top grade of 'excellent' in every area. In fact the word 'excellent' appears 41 times in the ISI inspection report. ISI inspection is necessary for schools wishing to enrol students under Tier 4. Here are some comments from the report:
"The quality of the curriculum, teaching and learners’ achievements is excellent..."
- Teaching is of a very high calibre which enables students’ enjoyment in learning and rapid progress.
- Teachers are highly skilled and qualified and have excellent subject knowledge.
- The curriculum includes a wide range of carefully planned courses which meet the needs of students extremely well.
- Students make excellent progress in developing their knowledge, skills and understanding for external examinations, on business courses and in general English courses.
"Students’ welfare, including health and safety is excellent".
- Relationships between staff and students and students themselves are excellent. This is a real strength of the school.
- Students report that they feel safe in the school.
- A full and varied social programme is well attended and enhances students overall learning experience.
- The quality of homestay accommodation is excellent…
- Homestay accommodation is carefully monitored so that students are well looked after and safe.
- In discussion, students report that they are highly satisfied with their accommodation and host families.
"The effectiveness of governance, leadership and management is excellent".
- The leadership of the school is excellent.
- The school is highly effective in securing and retaining high quality staff.
- There is a strong focus on maintaining high standards.
So if you are looking to study English at an excellent school, look no further than Eastbourne School of English.