ELC Eastbourne (formerly Eastbourne School of English) has over 30 years’ experience in delivering English language courses for senior (50+) learners. Because we have made these programmes a specialism, many students return year after year to improve their English, enjoy the attractions of Sussex and meet up with old friends.
Eastbourne, one of the sunniest towns in England, is an ideal location for a language holiday. On the south-coast of England just 90 minutes by train from London, Eastbourne is within easy reach of stunning countryside such as the white cliffs of Beachy Head and Seven Sisters and some of the most important historic sites in the last 1000 years of English history such as Lewes, Hastings and Battle.
Typical course content
The 50+ course is specifically designed for over 50s who wish to combine practising their English at a language school with an extensive programme of visits, activities and excursions in the company of like-minded people from around the world.
In the mornings, for 20 lessons (15 hours) per week, you will study English in a multi-national 50+ class at your level. In the afternoons and weekends you will join the dedicated 50+ social programme.
Our 50+ courses aim to:
- build your confidence in speaking English
- help you improve your understanding of spoken English
- show you the beautiful South East of England, especially Sussex
- introduce you to different aspects of life and culture in the United Kingdom
- guide you around historic towns, villages, castles, parks and gardens
- allow you to meet new people and make new friends
2017 Fifty Plus Social Programme (subject to changes)
- choose 2, 3 or 4 weeks
- test on Day 1 to ensure class at your level
- morning English lessons + afternoon / evening activities
- multi-national classes
- fully guided social programme with your teachers
- 3 half-day events per week
- 1 full-day weekend excursion per 2 weeks
- all course material + e-learning from point of booking to 3 months after the course ends
- end of course certificate included
Typical 50+ social programme:
|Monday||Orientation tour of Eastbourne and cream tea with teachers|
|Tuesday||Sussex villages and Beachy Head|
|Thursday||Croquet at Saffrons|
|Saturday||Day trip to Arundel including cathedral and medieval castle|
|Monday||Wakehurst Royal Botanical Gardens|
|Wednesday||Brighton tour including the Lanes|
|Friday||Lunch with teachers (optional at extra cost)|
Course Summary Display Currency: Course code Course name Fifty Plus School Dates Maximum Class Size 12 Minimum Age 50 Course Duration 2 week Lessons Per Week 20 Hours Per Week 15.00 From Level To Level Price (1-4 weeks) £365.00 per week Course Summary Display Currency: Course code Course name Fifty Plus School Dates Maximum Class Size 12 Minimum Age 50 Course Duration 2 week Lessons Per Week 20 Hours Per Week 15.00 From Level To Level Price (1-4 weeks) £365.00 per week