This course is designed for experienced engineers and other technical staff who need to use English to communicate with colleagues or clients. The course will enable group members to develop their communication skills in English so they can more effectively contribute to meetings, discuss technical drawings and production methods, give presentations and deal with phone calls in English, for example.
Your trainer will tailor the exact programme of each course to suit the requirements of the course participants.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Give more effective presentations in English
- Contribute more effectively to meetings held in English
- Use English on the phone with more confidence
- Use English in emails, faxes and letters with style and accuracy
- Have a greater sensitivity to different business cultures
- Deal with clients, customers and colleagues in English with more competently and confidently
For more detailed information see the Course Overview + Sample Timetable.
Note: The minimum number required for the FE course is two students. In the event that we receive fewer than two students, please be assured that we will not cancel your booking. Instead, we will give you the alternative course of General English + One-to-One. This consists of 30 lessons per week, made up of 20 General English lessons in a class of maximum 12 students and 10 One-to-One lessons of specialised tuition.
Course Summary Display Currency: Course code Course name English for Engineers School Dates Maximum Class Size 8 Minimum Age 21 Course Duration 2 week Lessons Per Week 30 Hours Per Week 22.50 From Level CEFR B1 To Level CEFR C1+ Price (1-4 weeks) £440.00 per week
The following table shows the levels we use at ELC.
ELC Level Level Aims C2 Upper-advanced - use English very well in demanding situations
- performance level may be above average native speaker
C1 Advanced - use English well in all but the most demanding situations
- use and understand complex language
B2 Upper-intermediate - use English effectively in all familiar situations
- use more complex English and cope with more demanding situations
B1 Intermediate - use English to express simple ideas and achieve results
- use range of basic language well in most situations
A2 Pre-intermediate - use English in most familiar situations
- use English in a limited way in more difficult situations
A1/A2 Elementary - develop English skills to 'survival' level
- use English only in very familiar situations
A1 Beginner - learn basic vocabulary and structures for simple communication