The Cambridge Proficency (CPE) Examination preparation course at ELC Brighton is designed to improve your overall language ability in addition to developing the language skills necessary to pass the CPE exam. It is for students with an advanced (C1) or proficient (C2) level of English. The course provides complete and careful preparation for all aspects of the Proficiency examination and includes:
- dedicated full-day classes preparing for Cambridge CPE exam
- practice interviews with experienced Cambridge examiners
- mock examinations under authentic exam conditions
- regular tutorials with your teacher to give individual help and study advice
- long 09-12 week intensive courses leading to the exams in March, June and December - 25 or 30 lessons (18.75 or 22.5 hours) per week
There is a core of 25 lessons/week in a dedicated class focussing on preparing for the Cambridge CPE exam. If you choose the 30 lessons/week course, for the extra 5 lessons per week you can choose an elective. This may be to focus on a particular area that you need extra help with for the CPE exam such as 'speaking, pronunciation, listening' or 'reading, writing and vocabulary'. Alternatively, you may wish to focus on a new skill like 'English for Work'.
- full-time exam courses, Monday to Friday with the exam at the end of the course
- all course books/materials and e-learning included (exam fees not included)
- minimum age 16
If you are planning to study for 24 weeks or more, the Cambridge Examination Course can be taken as part of our Study Year Programme.
The exams are held in Brighton and run by Sussex Open Centre for Examinations (SOCE). NB in some cases the written exam is on the Saturday immediately after the course. The oral exam is usually on a Saturday or Sunday during the course. Please contact us for details.
N.B. exam fees are not included in course fees. Cost in 2017: CPE = £152; price includes postage of certificate.
Course Summary Display Currency: Course code Course name Cambridge CPE Preparation - 25 lessons/week School Dates Maximum Class Size 12 Minimum Age 16 Course Duration 12 week Lessons Per Week 25 Hours Per Week 18.75 From Level CEFR C1 To Level CEFR C1+ Price (1-4 weeks) £266.00 per week Course Summary Display Currency: Course code Course name Cambridge CPE Preparation - 30 lessons/week School Dates Maximum Class Size 12 Minimum Age 16 Course Duration 12 week Lessons Per Week 30 Hours Per Week 22.50 From Level CEFR C1 To Level CEFR C1+ Price (1-4 weeks) £314.00 per week