Living in homestay accommodation provides you with the perfect opportunity to experience English life and to practise using your English in everyday situations. All our homestays are carefully selected by our Accommodation Department who understand the needs of students from other countries.
Most students typically stay in single rooms with breakfast and dinner every day. Other meal plans may be available on request. Typically arrival day with the host is Sunday before the course starts and deprature day is the Saturday or Sunday after the course ends.
- carefully selected homestay accommodation
- friendly, safe environment
- bedrooms with study facilities
- breakfast and evening meal served every day
- only one person of the same nationality per home unless you ask to stay in the same home as a friend
- within 30 minutes of school (on foot or by bus), average 20 minutes
- executive host families available on request
- shared rooms available on request for two people travelling together
- single room (standard) - £140 per week in 2017; single room (executive) - £210 per week in 2017; twin room (standard) - £119 per week in 2017
- arrival day Sunday, departure day Saturday or Sunday
Homestay provides a friendly, safe and homely environment. Unaccompanied students aged under 18 must choose homestay accommodation (single room, half-board).
You can buy a weekly bus pass from reception at ELC. For the year from April 2017 it costs GBP19.00. See here for information about discounted prices for 'key' or 'app' available directly from Brighton buses.
Students aged 16 and 17 booked on adult courses
Unaccompanied students aged under 18 must normally choose homestay accommodation (half-board).